Sunday, November 25, 2007

Two Christmas Presents Finished!



This is a datebook/organizer that I made for my sister for Christmas. It is based on an article Textural Book Wraps by Angie Hughes in QA mag. I used pomegranates because we own a gallery together called The Purple Pomegranate (www.purplepomegranate.com) I hope she'll be able to use this in her new job.

Here's the inside with the book in place.

Here's the inside without the book. The purple lining part is made similar to Sue B's padfolios. I then fused it to the cover. I still need to hand stitch around the edges as I fear it won't hold up if I don't.

Here's a closeup of the cover. Do you think my FME skills are improving??


This is a notebook cover for my niece who is a freshman in high school. She's really into music and plays the harp. This is based on an article in CPS by Alisa Burke called Graffiti Composition. She makes wall hangings but I just adapted it to a notebook cover. This photo shows the front cover.

Here's the back cover.

Here's the inside.

And a close up of her name on the front.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Both of these book covers are beautiful. Made mroe special by the perfect match to the recipeients!

Homeleightigger said...

Hi Ruth - I love your Sister's Chrissy pressy, and no doubt so will she, especially your FME! Lizzie's book is great too - I especially like the lettering! Val

Into the Blystic said...

Great presents! beautiful books! I love books! I love the stitching!

Annica said...

I'm sure your sister and niece will be very excited about their gifts! Beautiful book covers!