My "quilts" were accepted into the Salvaged Threads Exhibition! They will be in the Big Sky Quilt Retreat Show in Billings March 12-14 and then in Toucan Gallery (also in Billings) from March 25-April 25. The quilts will then be offered for sale on the Salvaged Threads blog until July. I still haven't put a label on the back of these, so I've got to do that and then send them off.
I've been experimenting with acid dyes, wool and deconstructive screen printing. This screen (which I forgot to take a photo of) was made by using cut pieces of pomegranates. But I think the thickened dye was too thin. Instead of getting the pomegranate impressions, I just got dots of dye puddling on the screen. But it still turned out very cool. This is the wool before I steamed it.
Here's a close up of the dots.
Here is it after steaming and the one on top is the one I showed you before with the pomegranates printed on. At least that piece looks like pomegranates. I'm still deciding about over dyeing these two.
Here's a close up of the steamed piece.
I did more dyeing of wool including rainbow for my cat toys, used up the rest of the thickened dye on some merino that I might make into a bowl similar to my silk bowl of the last post. And these are some Wensleydale locks dyed with the exhaust from some nylon netting I dyed purple. These are nice and variegated and kind of remind me of wisteria. We'll see what happens with these. I have lots of ideas for further vessels and bowls. Next weekend I am off to my Experimental Machine Embroidery class at the Gail Harker Creative Studies Center. I am really looking forward to that. So I probably won't post until after I get back.