Monday, March 16, 2009
Here's my last machine embroidery homework assignment. It's based on the California poppies that I have in my back bed in the summer time. This was done with free zigzag thread painting on muslin and dissolveable. I made the center from a machine cord of wool roving which I then cut and sewed together by hand.
The piece has lots of depth as I made the top layers of petal like machine lace and then sewed them in the center.
Here's a close up. I was off today instead of Friday so I won't get any more fibering done until next week probably. We are also having the inside of our house painted so we've been taking all the stuff off the walls and moving furniture etc. What fun.