Friday, April 24, 2009

Revision of Crazy Horse


I have revised this piece today. It is called Vision Quest. If you look at this post, you can see what I had originally done. I really didn't like the shield portion as it seemed too overpowering and took away from the overall feel of the piece.


So I thread sketched a horse instead of the shield and I really like the change. I wanted a "dream" portion of the piece but could never figure out a good way to depict it. I think this is more what I was going for.



Of course, if you read this blog, you'll recognize the horse. It's the same one I did last week. I did go ahead and use the Stitch and Tear on the reverse side as many people had suggested. I wanted to use a soluble fabric but I didn't have any and I wanted to get this completed. It worked fine from the back side, only one small bobbin goof up which luckily you can't really see. I did more sketches yesterday for making more thread sketched animals. So you'll be seeing more of these once I get more felt made.