Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spring in Montana and a Grizzly Bear


It is finally spring here.


But this looks almost like Christmas, doesn't it.



We were working on the property when I spotted these in the pine tree. I never noticed them before. Such a bright red!




Here's another thread sketch on felt that I finished yesterday. This is called "Grizzly". I have several others that I'm planning on doing including a moose, deer, mountain lion and wolf. I have to dye some more wool for those though so it might be a while yet. I'm planning on using a thin piece of wood at the top of these pieces on the back for hanging purposes. Once I get it worked out, I'll take a photo of the back so you can see how these hang.

1 comment:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your felt and sketch is lovely. Look forward to the rest of the series you are planning to stitch