Sunday, January 17, 2010

I needed new slippers...


The slipper that I felted several years ago have given up the ghost. So I needed new ones.

I made these yesterday afternoon. I started with white merino, added a bit of burgundy silk on the tops. Then I dyed the bottoms with more burgundy. The dye went further than expected so the tops are a bit darker than I had wanted but they will work fine.
Here's the backs. They look more like the tops should have.

Here's a close up of the silk on the wool. I am now looking for that silicone stuff to paint on the bottoms. Around here all I can find is black and I wanted to just use clear. I may have to order it online but first to try the hardware store next to my store in Whitefish to see if they can order me some.

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

Stunning work. Did you make these with a resist?

Frannies Felts and Fancies said...

Lovely slippers! What brand of silicone do you use?

Vicki W said...

I had trouble telling that the first ones were slippers! I like the second ones much better! lol.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

They look so warm and snuggly and beautiful colours