Sunday, September 5, 2010

September already??


Chris received her Coastline page so here it is. It's needle felted on a recycle sweater and then a bit of hand stitching on the rocks. If you click on the link to the Traveling Pages blog you can see more about it.

Here are the barrettes that I finished yesterday while driving to Missoula and back for the Griz game. We won 73 to 2. Plus we had thunder and lightening, weather delay and then it was roasting hot. Weather in Montana...

Another view - now we'll see how they sell.

I also worked on making cat toys. These are after they've been in the washing machine. Now to take them out of the stockings and they're ready to go.

I made four more birthday cards so I'll have them when I need them.

And I printed the ones that I talked about last time I posted. This is based on the Open Range license plate sold here in Montana. I like how these turned out and I'm sure I'll print more. But I also want to print them on fabric. So I'm sure you'll see these again.

I can't believe it is already September. I haven't talked much about my goals that I set for this year. I have not been able to follow through as I would have liked. My back is still causing problems and I won't be able to take the level II Machine Embroidery course that I wanted to do. However, they are going to start offering online courses so perhaps I can take it that way. I just can't afford to take the time off and the travel expenses are soooo expensive. So I will re-evaluate at the end of the year and see what direction I want to take. I have been concentrating a bit more about making things that will sell. I may work on getting representation in more galleries and perhaps consider selling online with Etsy or something similar. Lots to consider but more on that later. Hope all of you in the US have a good Labor Day and everyone else have a great week!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

You've been busy! That page is beautiful, I bet she loved it!

Donna said...

You've done so much! It might not be what you planned to do, but you are doing SOMETHING. That's the important part.

The pages project has been fun to watch. Are you doing it again next year?