Monday, November 22, 2010

Saloon Doors for Liz

 Liz received the page so here are the saloon doors that I made for her. I have been trying to relate the pages to Montana (if the theme allows) and so that's how I came up with this page. It's based on the doors at Moose's Saloon in Kalispell. I used muslin dyed with walnut ink and then embellished with machine stitching, oil paint sticks and Sharpie pen.
 You can open the doors for a little stamped message. The backs of the doors are silk paper.
And here's the back. So does it say "Montana" to you?

4 comments:

virtualquilter said...

Ruth,

I don't know about Montana, but they look like the ones which appear in all the old western movies! John Wayne is about to walk out of them doors!

Judy B

WoolenSails said...

I love it and how you made the doors open, with a message. What did you use for hinges? Really creative use of the different mediums.

Debbie

Donna said...

It certainly says "Old West" to me. I love the doors and how the fabric looks like aged wood. Good job!

Linda said...

Ruth, the page is amazing, and thank you for giving us a description of technique. I have to agree - if John Wayne walked out of those doors I would not be surprised, perhaps with Robert Mitchum or Dean Martin in tow - remember El Dorado and Rio Bravo??????? I think this page would be a favourite for my husband!! Well done to you, such a great idea.