Monday, March 7, 2011

Fabric Book Update

I have been working out the logistics for putting my fabric book pages together from the Traveling Pages Swap. I am going to make an accordion style book. Right now I have the pages pinned together and this shows the backs of the pages.

Here's the fronts. It's not very sturdy with just the pins holding it. I am planning on adding twigs for legs at all the page junctures.
Here it is all folded up with the bark covers that I wet felted and then hand stitched with stem stitch.
I think it kind of looks like a burger with little lettuce bits sticking out. I've got to cut the sticks to size and then start assembling. It should be a bit fiddly so I'm not really looking forward to the process. Hopefully, it will go more smoothly than anticipated!

4 comments:

Katerina said...

Love the felt 'bark'! And twigs to connect! Beautiful, don't forget to post the finished result.

Donna said...

Love the handmade cover.

Once you connect a few pages you'll get the process down. Starting is always the hardest part.

Becky Utecht said...

I love accordian books and I love mixing felt with twigs! What a great project.

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous covers Ruth!!! This will be stunning!!