I am pleased with the results. It was a bit of a pain sewing the sticks on but once I figured out what I was doing it worked out pretty well.
I used a button thread to give strength. I sewed a few stitches on the edge of two pages to hold the pages together and then I added the stick and did a sort of lasing technique (ala Girl Scouts).
And I really think it's amazing how different the pages all are but how well they went together. I put them in chronological order by month.
I went a little overboard on the front and back twigs but I really liked the "twigginess" of it.
Here's a photo of the book nearly closed.
Traveling Pages Book Swap blog to see how everyone's books are turning out.