Saturday, January 19, 2013

DDF - Day 19

Today I didn't get much done but did finish up one applique project, basted another and got the backs attached for the applique book.


 This is the basting I got done today. I basted the organza to the background with the cut out designs. I also made a small sample so I could try some different colors of thread.
Here's the finished applique piece. Somehow the photo is upside down. But I guess it actually could go either way.

What I did today was stitch the organza down to the back side. The stitching from the front makes a nice black on black look doesn't it? Kind of quilted.

 Here is the applique book backs. I used painted fabric stabilizer of a medium weight and then fused them on. I used a fusible that has a clear backing and I had a really hard time getting the backing off. I worked out a way to take it off easily. I used a piece of packing tape, stuck it to the clear backing and then pulled the backing off with the tape. It was impossible to find a free edge to pull off as you would do with a paper backing.
Here's the front of the book pages. This book will be bound with the "stab and wrap" method. So now I've got two books ready to bind.




1 comment:

Karen said...

Ruth i love the colors in these book pages, day 22 and your still going strong, i managed a whole 1 day over the last 22 so i'm doing well to arent i ( not) lol