Sunday, March 3, 2013

Odds and Ends

I finished lacing the Kantha bird embroidery today. Now I just need to buy a dark grey matt to go behind it and get it framed. I also finished the cat toys that I started on our trip to Washington. I ran out of beads so I couldn't finish them in the car. I painted the first coat of paint on a canvas that I am going to finish with my local surface design group on Friday. We will be layering like I did in my studio journal recently.

 Here's the finished bird after being laced to the card. You can click on the photo to get a better view.
 Here's the back showing the lacing.
 I also stitched down the edges so they would stay flat.
 Here are the cat toys  before going in the washing machine.

And here they are, ready to go to the store after being "washed" and finished.

Here is the first layer on my canvas. I'm planning on doing a red background with green leaves in a variety of greens. I'll show you more of this next weekend.

2 comments:

Karen said...

The cat toys look like fun to make and you've definetly made a lot lol Looking forward to seeing your canvas progress, i've gathered my leaves but thats as far as i've gotten thanks to blogger making life difficult lol again xo

Vicki W said...

I love the bird!